The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is Alive and Well – Understanding COBRA
Learn how COBRA applies to a wide variety of health programs. COBRA is a federal law that if not followed correctly, can lead to costly litigation and burdensome audits. COBRA will not go away with federal health reform. Learn how these requirements apply to your benefit programs including: who is covered and when, how long it lasts, likely problems, disclosure requirements, and penalties.
Why should you attend: Understand how COBRA works generally and avoid potential penalties and costly litigation. COBRA will continue to be a compliance obligation after federal health reform; it is not going away.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Understanding where COBRA comes from and the kinds of plans impacted.
- Understand who is a eligible for COBRA
- Understand when COBRA applies
- How long COBRA lasts
- Likely problems with COBRA
- Disclosures required by COBRA
- Changes with federal health reform
- Penalties for failure to meet COBRA requirements
- HR Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Corporate Law Departments
- Healthcare Professionals