Overview of Employment Based Nonimmigrant Visa Categories
This Webinar will discuss the legal and strategic aspects of the major employment based nonimmigrant visa categories.
Every day, businesses rely more and more on employees who have expertise in computer based technology or who have experience with foreign subsidiaries. In order to meet these needs, all medium to large businesses will eventually need to sponsor employees for nonimmigrant work status, and a general overview of the different categories will prepare you for discussions with candidates who require sponsorship.
The Webinar will cover the various visa categories for individuals who intend to stay temporarily in the United States for employment or other business related reasons.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Persons to be employed in professional positions, as well as persons of extraordinary ability and achievement in business, the arts, science, education, medicine or sports (H-1B, TN, O and P categories).
- Executives, supervisors and employees essential to establishing and managing foreign-owned companies in the United States (E-1 and E-2 categories).
- Intracompany transferees from the same or related entities abroad who will be employed as executives, managers or employees with specialized knowledge (L-1 category).
- Company employees coming briefly to the United States to attend meetings, negotiate contracts or attend seminars or conferences (B-1 category).
- Trainees, interns and students who may receive remuneration during their training in the United States (H-3, J-1 and F-1 categories).
- Human Resources Professionals
- Managers, and Specialists
- In-House Employment Counsel