Making Work Lean & Meaningful
To thrive in the future, your company must skinny down and trim the fat, run very lean, be as cost-efficient as possible, yet provide "meaningful" work to your employees.
In this session, you'll learn a roadmap for getting lean and lots of great insights and tactics for creating meaningfulness in the work lives of your employees.
As business executives, we recognize the importance of the "work experience" in the value proposition that guides employees' choices about whether they will stay or leave. People today want to do "meaningful work." But exactly what makes work meaningful? And how can you make work meaningful for your employees?
As the author of a book called Lean & Meaningful: A New Culture for Corporate America, our speaker will share with us how to shift our corporate culture to what she calls "lean and meaningful."
Why Should You Attend: It's a matter of corporate survival! Companies will maintain an ongoing drive to re-engineer their employee populations for optimum profitability; thus they will continue to lay off workers. With the recovery of the economy, employee turnover is mounting. On top of that, you have increasing competition for top talent. Without competent employees, you cannot serve your customers. Without customers....you will not survive these challenging times. So what are organizations to do?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How we can get lean, without being mean
- The 10 Elements of Meaningfulness and how to make them come alive in your organization
- Three ways you can use collaboration to increase productivity and reduce expenses
- Low and no-cost ideas that other companies around the world have embraced to help them hold on to their valuable employees
- And most importantly, you’ll feel inspired to help reduce your stress by implementing some of these ideas immediately.
You'll leave with new understandings of these unprecedented times, along with lots of ideas you can put to work right away.
Who Will Benefit:
- HR Professionals