IFRS 6 Oil, Gas, Mining and other Extractive Industries
As a finance or accounting professional, you should be familiar with exactly what these IFRS standards for Extractive Industries consist of, and what they mean for companies in the oil, gas and mining industries. This webinar will help you become acquainted with the latest information regarding IFRS for companies in the resource sector.
Why should you Attend: Extractive industries, involved in the search for mineral resources, including oil, gas, minerals, and similar non-regenerative resources, have unique accounting and reporting issues, particularly in regards to the evaluation of assets, revenues and expenditures.
IFRS #6 requires that companies that have assets used for exploration and evaluation of mineral resources must issue IFRS compliant financial statements.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Why the accounting for this sector is different
- How resource assets are evaluated
- Special rules for measuring revenues and expenditures
- How revaluation rules apply to the Oil, Gas, and Mining industries
- Other specific requirements of IFRS 6
- Required disclosures
- Financial statement presentation
- Financial Managers
- Accounting and Reporting Managers
- Auditors and staff
- Business Managers
- Operations Managers