Dress Code Nightmares: How to Deal with them and How to Prevent them
This practical webinar teaches HR professionals and small business owners how to avoid harassment or discrimination claims that can arise from poorly handled - or inconsistently enforced - dress code issues.
It provides specific guidance on how to talk about some of the most difficult topics there are - body odor, inappropriate dress, an unkempt appearance, etc.
Why you should attend: What employees wear to work might seem like a trivial matter - unless you're in HR. Not only are dress code policies frequently violated, what people wear to work can relate to more fundamental rights such as the right to religious or ethnic expression.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who will benefit:
- When dress code problems are likely to arise and how to prevent them
- Who should talk to an employee about inappropriate dress - and how to do it
- Why "provocative" should never be used in a dress code conversation
- what to do when an employee responds to a dress code conversation with a sexual harassment complaint
- How to avoid the most common dress-code-related harassment or discrimination complaints
- How to change a dress code without inciting employee rebellion
- How to write a dress code policy that gives you some wiggle room
- Chief Human Resource Officers
- Senior Management Team
- HR Managers, Directors, and Administrators
- Employment Managers
- Training Directors