Building a Global Mindset
The discussion will include focused discussion on inclusion and diversity and the value add to business activity that comes from using a global mindset to lead teams and the opportunity for creative and innovative thinking that the mindset can foster.
In today's business world it is becoming more important to be able to work effectively across cultures. However a more global mindset is really about building an attitude of inclusiveness so that an organization can not only survive but thrive with the diversity that is growing in our workplaces that include different nationalities but now also includes or will soon include 5 generations. As the world economy staggers and recovers and as we continue to understand how closely all economies of the world are linked; businesses must understand how a global mindset will assist them.
In our 90 minute program we will explore the topic in three parts and examine what each one involves and why it is important to the future of your business. They are:
- In the Business
- As part of the company culture
The future is more complex and integrated. With a cell phone in almost every hand around the world, we have more opportunity every day to be more involved in global events. Information that took sometimes years to reach around the world now reaches in second. Just that fact alone changes the way the world interacts. It is important for us to understand the dynamics and impacts of this global information at our fingertips. It is not as easy for media to "spin" because we can see and hear the immediate truth of the situation. This opens up all kinds of avenues for virtual leadership and management. It depends greatly on a global mindset.
There is tremendous value and opportunity in virtual global management, when done well. We can learn and grow from understanding how and why things work the way they do in other countries. In that quest, it is important to be able to make the voice on the other end of the line "real" and be able to relate to them in a context that is meaningful for us and for them. That is where we can enhance our relationship and opportunities for success.
Areas Covered In the Session:
- Global mindset defined - what does it mean and look like in action
- Do I want a global mind set - what is in it for me?
- How do I build my own - what can I do to facilitate my personal learning and build my perspective?
- How important is a global mindset for my business – what business advantage does it bring to my team? My company?
- How do I assist in building an attitude of inclusivity that will nurture a global mindset in my tem? What role do I play in supporting the growth of a global mindset on my team?
- Is a global mindset important for my company? Will it be useful and important to our business? How does it contribute to sustainability?
- What would a global mindset look like if it was part of our company culture? Do we have to change our values or incorporate a new “attitude” in our values?
- How can I assist? How can I contribute?
These learning points will be explored and discussed during the webinar with examples that will support the discussion.
Who will benefit:
- Business Leaders (VP)
- Risk Managers