10 Good Practices for Supporting the Workgroup when an Employee Dies
The death of an employee immediately changes the dynamics of a work group - shifting from professional to personal. This presentation will provide educational and tactical approaches to supporting the workgroup when an employee dies. Although grief impacts each individual and each cultural group differently, grief is a universal experience, which has a profound effect on our lives.
These evidence-based practices will lead the workgroup through an inopportune journey enabling them to grieve the loss of their co-worker while maintaining professionalism, productivity and personal growth. The webinar will address the importance of each of the 10 practices and will provide scenarios and suggestions to help ease the disruption from the loss.
Why you should attend: Addressing the loss of an employee is arguably the most challenging event for human resources, management and co-workers. Being educated in grief and learning tips and tricks for supporting the workgroup are essential in dealing with an employee loss. Whether you use 1 or 10 of the practices presented in this webinar - the manner in which the loss is supervised will change the journey for the grieving co-workers and help rebuild the workgroup.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Sharing the news - do's and don'ts
- Accessing grief support
- Paying respect to the family
- Understanding the roles/responsibilities between managers and HR
- Keeping the workgroup functioning
- Restoring the "empty chair"
- Creating an Office Memorial
- Maintaining the harmony of the workgroup
- Embracing "The Human Factor"
- Formalize a standard approach to address Grief in the Workplace
- Executive Leadership
- Business owners
- Human Resource Professionals
- Human Resources Specialists
- Employee Assistant Program professionals
- Management Trainers
- Benefits Managers