Organizations of all types and sizes continue to struggle needlessly with HIPAA Compliance. For example, HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management is the basis of the HIPAA Compliance Program of every Covered Entity and Business Associate. But mandatory HIPAA Compliance Audits conducted by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR), the HIPAA enforcement arm of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), found 94% of Covered Entities failed the Risk Management Audit and 87% failed the Risk Analysis Audit. And every audited Covered Entity knew well in advance that it was on the short list to be audited, had completed pre-audit questionnaires and knew the exact questions it would be asked and documentation to be provided (audit protocols).
This seminar will demonstrate how Covered Entities and Business Associates can comply calmly, confidently and completely with the HIPAA Rules.
The secret is - HIPAA Rules are easy and routine to follow - when you know the steps.
Paul Hales will capture your attention with visual presentations and interactive learning exercises that take mystery and fear out of HIPAA Compliance.
Thorough Understanding of HIPAA Rules
- What they are
- How they work together
- Why and How they were made
- How they are changing and what to expect next
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management for Your Organization
- A Practical Guided Exercise done in class on your computer to take home
Privacy and Security Rules - Permitted and Required Uses and Disclosures
- What information must be protected
- Administrative, Technical and Physical Safeguards
- Social Media, Texting and Emailing Patients
The inter-connected, inter-dependent relationship of Covered Entities and Business Associates
- Business Associate HIPAA compliance responsibilities
- The importance of Due Diligence and how to do it
- How to avoid making a Business Associate your Agent by mistake
- The chain of responsibility from Covered Entity to Business Associate to Subcontractor Business Associate, etc.
- Business Associate responsibilities for Subcontractor Business Associates
- Breach Notification discovery and reporting by Business Associates and Subcontractor Business Associates
What is - and what is not a Reportable Breach of Unsecured PHI
- Potential Breach Investigation - Breach Exceptions
- Breach Risk Assessment
- Breach Prevention
Who will benefit:
- Health Care Provider - Business Associate
- Health Care Provider Practice Manager
- Risk Manager - Compliance Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Compliance Director
- Practice Manager
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Legal Counsel
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Chief Clinical Officer
Day 1 Schedule
Discussion - Goals and Objectives of Seminar Participants
HIPAA Compliance Overview and discussion tailored to specific interests of Seminar Participants
Focus on HIPAA Compliance
Description of HIPAA Rules and Fundamental in Plain Language continuing and building on discussion in Lecture 1
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
The basis of your HIPAA Compliance Program explained step-by-step
- Learn by Doing Begin guided Step-by-Step HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management of your organization on your tablet/laptop - for you to take with you
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
- Consider lessons learned
- Inter-relationship of Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules
Privacy Rule in Depth
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Individual Rights
- Administrative Requirements
Day 2 Schedule
Welcome - Recap Day 1 - Questions - Discussion Security Rule in Depth
- Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI)
- Purpose and Function of Security Rule
- Security Official
Focus on Business Associates
Business Associate HIPAA Compliance
- Inter-connected HIPAA Compliance for Covered Entities and Business Associates
- Is your Business Associate your "Agent"?
- Due Diligence
- Subcontractor Business Associates
- Business Associate Agreements
- Non-BA Confidentiality Agreement
- Privacy Rule - Who is in charge?
Breach Notification Rule in Depth
- Learn by Doing Investigate a Potential Breach
- Do a Breach Risk Assessment
- When you must notify - and when you do not need to notify
- Notifications and Documentation
Miscellaneous and Participant Selected Topics
- Social Media - Patient Engagement
- Prepare for HHS Audits or Investigations
- Final Questions - Answers
Want to register by P.O/Check?
We facilitate registration by P.O/Checks!
Complete your registration in just a few easy steps
Please just download, fill out the registration form and send it to us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or just fax us at 302 288 6884.
Once the form is received, an invoice will be generated and sent back to your fax number.
Following this just send us your purchase order by fax at 302 288 6884
Click here to download Registration form
In case you wish to register by using check
In case you wish to register by using check, please make a check to NetZealous LLC DBA GlobalCompliancePanel.com and mail it to the below address.
161 Mission Falls Lane,
Suite 216, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Phone: 1800 447 9407
Want to register by Wire Transfer?
Please call any of our representatives on 1800 447 9407 to help you completed the transfer.
Get fabulous discounts by participating in groups of two or more.
||3 to 6 Attendees
||7 to 10 Attendees
To avail the above group discounts, all the participants should register by making a single payment
Call our representative TODAY on 1800 447 9407 to have your seats confirmed!
Paul R. Hales, Attorney at Law, LLC
Paul R. Hales received his Juris Doctor degree from Columbia University Law School and is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. He focuses on HIPAA Privacy, Security, Breach Noti?cation and Enforcement law. Paul is widely known for his ability to teach HIPAA Compliance clearly, simply and in plain language. He manages a national HIPAA consulting and education practice based in St. Louis and is the author of all content in The HIPAA E-Tool®, an Internet-based Software as a Service product for Covered Entities and Business Associates.
Location: Orlando, FL Hotel: Courtyard Orlando Airport 7155 North Frontage Road - Orlando, Florida 32812 USA