The secret is - HIPAA Rules are easy and routine to follow - when they are explained step-by-step in plain language. In this seminar Paul Hales will capture your attention with visual presentations, discussion and learning exercises and show how to find the right rule with the step-by-step procedures you need when you need them.
Thorough Understanding of HIPAA Rules
- What they are
- How they work together
- Why and How they were made
- How they are changing and what to expect next
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management for Your Organization
- A Practical Guided Exercise done in class on your computer to take home
Privacy and Security Rules - Permitted and Required Uses and Disclosures
- What information must be protected
- Administrative, Technical and Physical Safeguards
- Social Media, Texting and Emailing Patients
The inter-connected, inter-dependent relationship of Covered Entities and Business Associates
- Business Associate HIPAA compliance responsibilities
- The importance of Due Diligence and how to do it
- How to avoid making a Business Associate your Agent by mistake
- The chain of responsibility from Covered Entity to Business Associate to Subcontractor Business Associate, etc.
- Business Associate responsibilities for Subcontractor Business Associates
- Breach Notification discovery and reporting by Business Associates and Subcontractor Business Associates
What is - and what is not a Reportable Breach of Unsecured PHI
- Potential Breach Investigation - Breach Exceptions
- Breach Risk Assessment
- Breach Prevention
Why should you attend:
Phase 2 Audits have begun and the priorities are still being missed by covered entities and business associates.
- Does your organization have an accurate and up to date Notice of Privacy Practices?
- Has a Risk Analysis been done in a reasonable and appropriate manner?
- Are you managing your risks and implementing policies that are documented?
- Do you have policies in place for discovering a breach and notifying those affected in a timely and documented manner?
In this 2-day seminar, the simple steps to HIPAA compliance will be discussed so that your organization is prepared to address the prioritites of the Office of Civil Rights' Phase 2 Audits.
Who Will Benefit:
- Health Care Provider - Business Associate
- Health Care Provider Practice Manager
- Risk Manager - Compliance Manager
- Information Systems Manager
- Compliance Director
- Practice Manager
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Legal Counsel
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Chief Clinical Officer
- Human Resources
Day 1 Schedule
- HIPAA Overview - HIPAA Compliance Fundamentals
- HIPAA explained in plain language
- 6 Basic HIPAA Compliance Policies
- HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management The basis of your HIPAA Compliance Program
- Learn by Doing You will do a guided Step-by-Step HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management of your organization on your tablet/laptop - for you to take with you
- Finish HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
- Consider lessons learned
- How might you improve your HIPAA Compliance Program?
- Privacy Rule
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Social Media
Day 2 Schedule
- Security Rule
- Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI)
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures of EPHI
- Security Official Duties
- Business Associates
- Inter-connected HIPAA Compliance for Covered Entities and Business Associates - Agency
- Due Diligence
- Subcontractor Business Associates
- Business Associate Agreement
- Non-BA Confidentiality Agreement
- Breach Notification
- Learn by Doing Investigate a Potential Breach
- Do a Breach Risk Assessment
- When you must notify - and when you do not need to notify
- Notifications and Documentation
- Install or Update Your HIPAA Compliance Program
- Workforce Training
- How to prepare for HHS Audits or Investigations
- Final Questions - Answers
Want to register by P.O/Check?
We facilitate registration by P.O/Checks!
Complete your registration in just a few easy steps
Please just download, fill out the registration form and send it to us either by email to email@example.com
or just fax us at 302 288 6884.
Once the form is received, an invoice will be generated and sent back to your fax number.
Following this just send us your purchase order by fax at 302 288 6884
Click here to download Registration form
In case you wish to register by using check
In case you wish to register by using check, please make a check to NetZealous LLC DBA GlobalCompliancePanel.com and mail it to the below address.
161 Mission Falls Lane,
Suite 216, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Phone: 1800 447 9407
Want to register by Wire Transfer?
Please call any of our representatives on 1800 447 9407 to help you completed the transfer.
Get fabulous discounts by participating in groups of two or more.
||3 to 6 Attendees
||7 to 10 Attendees
To avail the above group discounts, all the participants should register by making a single payment
Call our representative TODAY on 1800 447 9407 to have your seats confirmed!
Paul R. Hales, Attorney at Law, LLC
Paul R. Hales received his Juris Doctor degree from Columbia University Law School and is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. He focuses on HIPAA Privacy, Security, Breach Noti?cation and Enforcement law. Mr. Hales conducts a national HIPAA consulting and education practice based in St. Louis. He is the author of all content in The HIPAA E-Tool®, an Internet-based, complete HIPAA Software as a Service product for health care providers and business associates.
Location: San Diego, CA Hotel: Four Points By Sheraton San Diego Downtown 1617 1st Avenue - San Diego, California, 92101 - United States