Statistical tools and techniques are very commonly used to help measure and improve the quality of a firm's process and product. If statistical analysis is not properly performed and/or understood, a firm can run the risk of distributing the kind of product to the market that ultimately fails, resulting in lost time and money. And of course, with statistics, practice makes perfect. During this two-day HIGHLY interactive training program, participants will be given the opportunity to apply statistics learned to real-world example data sets! The program begins by providing a basic overview of the most common statistical tools and terms. The course covers the use of statistical software packages and the role of software in statistical analysis and statistical process control. Areas addressed include how to use statistics to properly trend data, support the annual product review, justify process changes and set product specifications. By the end of day two, course participants will have acquired the skills necessary to design a statistically sound sampling plan that helps them comply with FDA APR requirements. Throughout the duration of this intimate, hands-on course, participants will be able to interact with both an expert instructor and their peers.
Why should you attend:
This course will help you to use statistics correctly and minimize compliance risk.
Who will benefit:
This course is developed to provide valuable assistance to all regulated companies that need to understand their processes including companies:
- Medical Device
- Biologics fields
The employees who will benefit include:
- Development Scientists
- Analytical Method Development
- QA/ QC personnel
Day 1 Schedule
Introduction and Basic Overview of Common Statistical Tools
Exercise: Identify Participants' Statistical Experience and Course Goals
- Types of Data
- Continuous versus discrete
- Descriptive versus inferential
- Data Presentation and Graphics
- Normal Distribution
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Discuss applicable software packages for use:
- Microsoft Excel - SAS
- Mini-tab - JMP
Apply Statistics to Specification Setting
- Setting appropriate product specifications
- Determine FDA requirements for OOS results
- Determine how to best investigate OOS results
- Introduction to Interval Estimation
- Confidence Interval
- Tolerance Interval
- Outlier Analysis
Exercise: Setting Statistical Based Specifications
Regression analysis and variance components
- Linear models
- New Patient Rights
- Residual analysis
- Lack of fit
- Hazards of regression
- Multiple regression
- Non-linear regression (4-parameter models)
- Analysis of stability data including shelf life estimation
Implement Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Design experiments appropriately and effectively
- Ensure that experiments are reproducible
- Improve process capability by reducing variability
- Analysis of variance
Exercise: Mock Experimental Design
Day 2 Schedule
Validate your Testing Methods using Statistics
- Analyze ICH guidelines (Q2A & Q2B)
- Ensure robustness and ruggedness of your method
- Develop protocols based on sound statistical methods
- Quantify validation characteristics:
- linearity - range
- accuracy - limit of detection (LOD)
- precision - limit of quantitation (LOQ)
- Regression analysis and variance components
- Analysis of Stability data.
Exercise: Analysis of a Method Validation Study Including Protocol Development
- Define Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Determine how SPC can be applied to and help your process
- Identify the benefits of using SPC
- Trend Analysis
- Comply with FDA Requirements for Process Analytical Technology (PAT)
- Define Process analytical technologies and identify related tools
- Identify the role statistics play in the PAT framework
- Comply with the FDA's 2004 PAT draft guidance requirements
- Process Analytical Technology
Exercise: Review and Critique a Sample SPC Control Chart
Design a Statistically Sound Sampling Plan
- Define different types of sampling
- Create and justify your sampling plan
- Account for sampling and measurement error
- Determine the relationship between sample size, statistical precision, and statistical power
Exercise: Create a Mock Sampling Plan
Statistically Analyze Annual Product Review (APR) Data
- Examine statistical techniques relevant to APRs
- Use descriptive statistics to present the data
- Use graphs and plots effectively
- Interpret statistical data to identify trends and deviations
Exercise: Apply Learned Statistical Techniques to Real-World Data
Discussion: Wrap-up Question and Answer Session
Want to register by P.O/Check?
We facilitate registration by P.O/Checks!
Complete your registration in just a few easy steps
Please just download, fill out the registration form and send it to us either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or just fax us at 302 288 6884.
Once the form is received, an invoice will be generated and sent back to your fax number.
Following this just send us your purchase order by fax at 302 288 6884
Click here to download Registration form
In case you wish to register by using check
In case you wish to register by using check, please make a check to NetZealous LLC DBA GlobalCompliancePanel.com and mail it to the below address.
161 Mission Falls Lane,
Suite 216, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Phone: 1800 447 9407
Want to register by Wire Transfer?
Please call any of our representatives on 1800 447 9407 to help you completed the transfer.
Get fabulous discounts by participating in groups of two or more.
||3 to 6 Attendees
||7 to 10 Attendees
To avail the above group discounts, all the participants should register by making a single payment
Call our representative TODAY on 1800 447 9407 to have your seats confirmed!
President, Statistical Outsourcing Services
Mr. Steven Walfish brings is the founder and President of Statistical Outsourcing Services. He brings nearly 20 years of industrial experience providing statistical solutions to complex business problems. Mr. Walfish was Senior Manager Biostatistics, Nonclinical at Human Genome Sciences in Rockville MD. Mr. Walfish has held positions with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Chiron Diagnostics and Johnson & Johnson. Mr. Walfish holds a Bachelors of Arts in Statistics from the University of Buffalo, Masters of Science in Statistics from Rutgers University and an Executive MBA from Boston University.
Location: San Diego, CA Hotel: Four Points By Sheraton San Diego Downtown 1617 1st Avenue - San Diego, California, 92101 - United States