We will be discussing the history and evolution of HIPAA Privacy/Security and the major points you need to understand to proactively protect your practice or business from the imminent federal auditing process:
Specific areas covered will be:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- How to avoid a Federal audit
- Business Associates and HIPAA audits
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Assessing your contractors and sub-contractors
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures
Why should you attend:
The evolutions of this enigmatic law and how what was once relative benign in terms of enforcement is now fully funded and aggressive. Learn what you can do to be prepared for an audit and how to lower risks of ever being audited.
It is absolutely imperative that you are proactive and not reactive with your compliance program, this is a necessary evil and you need to protect your practice or your business and limit risks from the imminent Federal audits. Join me in keeping up with this very confusing law and take advantage of all the templates and information provided as part of the seminar.
Areas Covered in the Session:
HIPAA -Brief History
HIPAA Privacy Rule vs HIPAA Security Rule
- HITECH Act
- Breach Notification Rule
- Omnibus Rule and audits
- Business Associates and audits
- Current Court Cases (precedence)
- Paper Based PHI Concerns and how to lower risk
- Disaster Recovery Concerns (Paper)
- Psych and Infectious Disease
- What are Feds looking for (low hanging fruit)
- How to Conduct a Risk Assessment
- How to Write Policies and Procedures which are presentable to Federal auditors
- Choosing a HIPAA Consultant
- Choosing an IT Group
- Disaster Recovery Concerns (Electronic)
- Physical Setup and HIPAA audits
- What the Feds are Looking For (low hanging fruit)
- What are Factors That Can Get Your Practice or Business Audited
- State Laws and Patient Ability to Sue
Who Will Benefit:
- Practice Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance officers, and any Business Associates Privy to Private Health Information and under the Auspices of this Law.
Day 1 Schedule
HIPAA History - what has gotten us to this point?
Privacy Rule vs Security Rule, Breach Notification Requirements
Omnibus Rule and Audits
Business Associates and Audits
Day 2 Schedule
What are Feds looking for? Low hanging Fruit... Factors that can get you audited, real life situations, what does an audit letter look like?
Court cases, patients suing, why this can increase risk for audit
Paper based PHI, Choosing a good consultant, disaster recovery, physical concerns
Risk assessment, policies and procedures
Seminar Pricing Includes (With stay)
||Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
||2 Days' Stay
||Pick-up and Drop Facility (Nearest Airport)
||Breakfast and Lunch
||Pack of 3 Past Webinars on similar subject
Get fabulous discounts by participating in groups of two or more.
||3 to 6 Attendees
||7 to 10 Attendees
To avail the above group discounts, all the participants should register by making a single payment
Call our representative TODAY on 1800 447 9407 to have your seats confirmed!
Want to register by P.O/Check?
We facilitate registration by P.O/Checks!
Complete your registration in just a few easy steps
Please just download, fill out the registration form and send it to us either by email to email@example.com
or just fax us at 302 288 6884.
Once the form is received, an invoice will be generated and sent back to your fax number.
Following this just send us your purchase order by fax at 302 288 6884
Click here to download Registration form
In case you wish to register by using check
In case you wish to register by using check, please make a check to NetZealous LLC DBA GlobalCompliancePanel.com and mail it to the below address.
161 Mission Falls Lane,
Suite 216, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Phone: 1800 447 9407
Want to register by Wire Transfer?
Please call any of our representatives on 1800 447 9407 to help you completed the transfer.
Sr Compliance Consultant & IT Manager, InGauge Healthcare Solutions
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP
Brian Tuttle is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years' experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting. Mr. Tuttle is Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with InGauge Healthcare Solutions. Almost all of Brian's clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States
Consulting services provided:
- HIPAA Security/Privacy auditing
- Comprehensive NISP based risk assessments with mitigation
- HIPAA awareness training and certification
- Custom written policies and procedures
- Public speaking
- Expert Witness
- Subject matter writing
- HIPAA consulting and certification for proprietary software companies
- Business continuity (Disaster Recovery) planning and consulting
With vast experience in health IT systems (i.e. practice management/EMR systems, imaging, transcription, medical messaging, etc.) as well as over 17 years' experience in standard Health IT with multiple certifications and hands-on knowledge, Brian serves as compliance consultant and has conducted onsite risk assessments for over 500 medical practices, hospitals, and business associates throughout the United States .
Location: Washington, D.C Hotel: Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport 2899 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 22202 USA